At PlayCrowd we are committed to providing a secure, fair and socially responsible real money gaming environment. We truly believe real money gaming should be a fun and exciting experience to be enjoyed in a social manner between friends and strangers alike. However, we understand that occasionally casual real money gaming can pose risks to certain individuals and become a serious problem.
If you feel like your gaming is no longer enjoyable and is affecting your everyday life, then help is readily available.
Stay in Control
Being honest with yourself is often your strongest safety net. A true PlayCrowd-er will always do the following:
Keep track of your gaming – check your account history and track your net deposits and withdrawals. Use our gaming limits and set a limit when enough is enough.
Be a strict judge of your activities – even if you win, always look at how much you have lost. Never convince yourself that the next big win is around the corner. Never rely on betting real money to solve any financial problems.
Get help quickly if you notice a problem – real money gaming can quickly destroy your life if you let it. If you believe you have a problem, stop playing immediately, take a step back and seek help.
A good way to track your gambling habits is to regularly ask yourself the same simple questions:
- When you earn or receive money, is your first instinct to put a bet on?
- Do you often find that you bet more than you can afford to lose?
- Have you ever lost a significant amount of money and been unable to pay for your everyday expenses?
- Are you finding yourself betting larger amounts of money to get the same feeling of excitement?
- Do you try to win back any loses as soon as possible?
- Have you borrowed, sold or stolen anything to get money to bet?
- Do you ever feel that you are owed a win, or the next win is just around the corner?
- Have you ever made excuses to your friends or family, so that you can bet instead of seeing them?
- Do you often have to lie to people who ask how much you bet?
- Does real money gaming cause you stress or anxiety?
- Is real money gaming driving you into depression and/or inducing suicidal thoughts?
If you have answered yes to any question you may be at risk. The more yes answers, the more serious a problem you may have. If you believe you have a problem do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or one of the organisations listed in the Further Information below.
Responsible Gambling Controls
PlayCrowd offer the following self-imposed controls to encourage responsible gaming:
- Deposit Limit
- Betting Limit
- Reality Check
- Time Out
All the responsible gaming controls are accessed in the PlayCrowd application in the Settings menu (top left) and then in the My Account section.
All limits can be set over a daily, weekly and monthly period:
- A daily limit runs from 00:00 to Midnight the same day
- A weekly limit runs from 00:00 on Monday to Midnight on Sunday
- A monthly limit runs from 00:00 on the first calendar day of the month to Midnight on the last calendar day of the month
All limits take into account any authorised deposits already made in the current period the limit is set (i.e. a monthly limit set at 16:00/Wednesday/15th will count all deposits already made from 00:00/Monday/1st). Limits are refreshed at the given period end points above.
Once a limit is set, any decrease to a limit will be immediately applied. Any increases to a limit will be effective from the start of the following period (next day/week/month). Any request to remove a limit will be effective from the following period (next day/week/month).
A deposit limit allows the player to control the amount they deposit on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
For example, if you set £10 per day, you will only be able to deposit £10 on any given day. If you want to deposit more you will not be able to and must wait until the next day
A betting limit allows the player to limit the amount of money they can bet on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
For example, if you set a betting limit of £10 per day you can only bet a total of £10 (e.g. two £5 bets) on any given day regardless of any winnings and/or bonuses.
The reality check allows you to set a timer to remind you for how long you have been playing.
On expiration of the reality check you will be reminded about the length of time you have been playing and prompted whether you would like to continue or log out.
You can set a reality check for periods between 1 and 12 hours.
The time out feature enables you take a break from gaming by suspending access to your account.
When activated, the timeout will block you from logging into your account with immediate effect, until the suspension period has expired.
You can select a range of periods for your timeout ranging from 24 hours up to 6 weeks.
You cannot cancel a timeout and must wait until the period expires to have access to your account.
You will be able to withdraw any winnings from your account by contacting our Support Team on email@example.com.
The self-exclusion option enables you to voluntarily suspend your account for a minimum period of 6 months. A request to Self-Exclude will be applied with immediate effect.
Once you have opted to Self-Exclude you will not be able to log into your account, add funds or play any of the games.
The cleared balance on your account will be automatically refunded back to your registered card and you will be removed from all marketing and emailing lists.
Once your self-exclusion period is over, you will have to contact our Support Team to reactivate your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, you may wish to install software such as Gamblock or Betfilter to prevent access to any gambling sites on your devices.
Preventing Underage Gambling
At PlayCrowd we do not tolerate underage gambling! Be responsible and help us prevent the young and vulnerable from accessing gambling sites by:
- Never play our games in front of minors or vulnerable persons
- Never leave your mobile phone or tablet unattended while logged into PlayCrowd
- Always log out when you have finished playing on PlayCrowd
- Never share your PlayCrowd account log in details
- Never share your bank card details
- If you know someone underage accessing PlayCrowd, immediately contact our Support Team on email@example.com.
- You may wish to install third party software such as Netnanny or Cybersitter on your devices to block under 18s from accessing PlayCrowd and other adult sites
Gamstop is an online self-exclusion service which allows players residing in the United Kingdom to voluntarily self-exclude from all online gambling websites and apps run by operators licenced in the United Kingdom.
Gamstop requires registration on the Gamstop website and is a service provided free of charge. Self-exclusion shall become effective within 24 hours of registration. All registered information is held securely by Gamstop. UK players who wish to self-exclude from all gambling websites and apps, may choose the following self-exclusion periods when signing up to the Gamstop service:
- 6 months
- 1 year
- 5 years
For support and further information visit www.gamstop.co.uk.
Please contact any of the organisations below if you need help, or just need some more advice:
National Gambling Helpline: 0808 8020 133
Gamble Aware: www.begambleaware.org
Gamcare: 0808 8020 133, www.gamcare.org.uk
Gamblers Anonymous: www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk