- Download the PlayCrowd app on iOS or Android.
- You must be 17 or older to play.
- You must be located in the UK to play.
- Register a PlayCrowd account and verify your UK mobile number using the code sent via SMS.
- PlayCrowd is FREE to play, however you must use Game Credits to participate in the daily cash Hunt (more on that below).
- You must have a UK bank card registered in your name to withdraw any winnings.
- BEWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS so that you do not hurt yourself, or others around you!
Finally… (for all you conspiracy theorists)… WE DO NOT USE ANY BOTS! All players compete directly against each other to find the cash prizes.
Game Credits are FREE and are the only way to participate in the daily cash Hunt.
Game Credits can be earned in the following ways:
- When you first download the PlayCrowd app and register you will receive 3 Game Credits.
- If you enter an Invite Code when registering, you and the person who provided the Invite Code will receive an additional 2 Game Credits.
- If you share your Invite Code, you will receive 2 Game Credits for every new person who downloads the PlayCrowd app, registers and uses your Invite Code.
- Keep an eye out for Promo Codes on our social media which can be used for additional Game Credits.
In other words….the more you share your Invite Code, the more you can play and the more cash you can find!
HOW TO PLAY
Roam around your city, open the clues and figure out the location of the hidden cash prizes. Check out our How to Play video to see how it works!
- You can enter the daily Hunt for 2 Game Credits and have access to unlimited clues and cash prizes that day.
- You will see the total value of hidden cash prizes in the game preview.
- Once you have entered the Hunt, you have until 8:00 am UK time the following day to find as many cash prizes as you can.
- Your GPS location is marked by the character’s location on the map.
- The green icons are clues. Each clue will guide you to a hidden cash prize at a nearby point of interest (e.g. monument, coffee shop, station etc.)
- You can only open clues which are near your GPS location. This is shown by the circular radius around the character.
- Once you are within radius of a clue icon, click to reveal the information. The clue will say the distance and type of place where the cash is hidden e.g. “The cash is hidden within 100m by a COFFEE SHOP”. Additionally, you will see a Hot-or-Cold bar. The closer you are getting to the location of the cash, the hotter the bar will get.
- If you are the first to reach the location of the cash prize, a button will appear on the screen.
- Hold down the button for 5 seconds to collect the cash prize.
- A popup will confirm your winnings, and these will be credited to your PlayCrowd wallet. On rare occasions someone may win the cash prize seconds before you. If this does happen, the winnings will not be credited to your wallet. You can confirm all cash prizes that you have won in the PRIZE HISTORY of the CASHIER MENU.
- To verify your winnings, you must send a selfie photo to prove you were physically at the cash prize location at the time of winning the cash prize (please read below SELFIE PHOTO & CHEATING).
- Subject to verification, you can withdraw any winnings from your PlayCrowd wallet onto a UK bank card registered in your name. The minimum withdrawal value is £5.
- You compete directly against other players. Once a cash prize has been won, the associated clue will disappear from the map
EVERY clue leads to a cash prize. The minimum cash prize is £2.
The cash prize is always won by the FIRST player to hold down the green cash button and see the prize confirmation pop up. On rare occasions someone may win the cash prize seconds before you. If this does happen, the winnings will not be credited to your wallet. You can confirm all cash prizes that you have won in the PRIZE HISTORY of the CASHIER MENU.
SELFIE PHOTO & CHEATING
WE DO NOT TOLERATE CHEATING… To prevent location spoofing, we require that all players provide proof that they were physically at the location of the cash prize at the time the prize was won. Please use the method in the app to submit a selfie photo showing yourself in front of the cash prize location/venue (e.g. in front of the COFFEE SHOP where you found the cash prize).
We only accept photos that are submitted via the method presented in the PlayCrowd app straight after you find the cash prize. We will not accept photos sent to us retrospectively and/or outside the method presented in the PlayCrowd app. Failure to submit selfie photos when finding cash prizes may lead to a permanent ban applied to your account as well as forfeiture of all winnings.
The selfie photos are ONLY used for the purpose of verifying cash prizes. WE DO NOT disclose and/or share your selfie photos with any third party.
How to submit a selfie photo:
- You must grant the PlayCrowd app permission to access to your smartphone camera.
- When prompted to do so, click “Take picture” to open your smartphone camera to take a selfie photo.
- If you do not wish to take a picture, click “No thanks”. This may mean you will have to forfeit the winnings for the associated cash prize.
- Make sure there is adequate light in the picture. Enable the flash if you have to.
- Make sure that you take a clear photo of yourself in front of the facade of the location/venue (including name if visible) by which the cash prize was hidden.
- If the photo is not clear, you can retake the photo.
- When you are happy with the picture, click “Send”.
It is at the discretion of PlayCrowd staff to verify and accept valid photos and to payout any associated winnings. A selfie photo may not be accepted due to, but limited to, the following reasons:
- The photo is unclear due to being too dark, too bright, blurred and/or obstructed;
- Cannot clearly identify the location/venue;
- No person in the photo;
- The daylight clearly does not match the time when the cash prize was found;
- The photo appears to be of another photo;
- The photo appears to be edited.
INTERRUPTIONS AND DISCONNECTIONS
PlayCrowd is a real-time massively multiplayer game. Unfortunately, interruptions and disconnections may occur. This could be due to several reasons such as malfunctions with our systems, loss of signal on your phone, battery dying on your phone etc.
We attempt to resolve such situations as fairly as possible. In the event you do disconnect, please check your prize history to see if you won a prize. To help reduce these issues, we advise you only play with the highest specification mobile devices and only if your network signal is at full strength.